If you’re in the market for a high-end laptop that offers versatility, portability, and great performance, the Google Pixelbook 12in is definitely worth considering. But like any tech product, it has its pros and cons. In this article, we’ll take a closer look at the features and specs of the Google Pixelbook 12in and evaluate its advantages and drawbacks.
Introduction: Overview of the Google Pixelbook 12in
The Google Pixelbook 12in is a premium laptop that was released in 2017. It’s a 2-in-1 device, which means it can be used as a laptop or a tablet, depending on your needs. The Pixelbook 12in comes with a high-resolution touchscreen display, an Intel Core i5 or i7 processor, 8GB or 16GB of RAM, and up to 512GB of storage.
Pros of owning a Google Pixelbook 12in:
- High-quality display: The Pixelbook 12in features a 12.3-inch touchscreen display with a resolution of 2400×1600 pixels. It’s one of the sharpest and most colorful displays you’ll find on a laptop, which makes it great for watching videos, editing photos, or working on graphic design projects.
- Versatile 2-in-1 design: One of the best things about the Pixelbook 12in is its flexibility. You can use it as a traditional laptop or flip it around and use it as a tablet. It also has a 360-degree hinge that allows you to position the screen at any angle, which is great for watching movies or giving presentations.
- Fast performance: With an Intel Core i5 or i7 processor and 8GB or 16GB of RAM, the Pixelbook 12in is fast and responsive. It can handle demanding tasks like video editing and gaming without any lag or slowdowns.
- Google Assistant integration: The Pixelbook 12in is the first laptop to come with Google Assistant built-in. You can use voice commands to ask for information, set reminders, or control your smart home devices. It’s a great feature that can save you time and make your life easier.
- Long battery life: The Pixelbook 12in has a battery life of up to 10 hours, which is impressive for a laptop this size. You can use it all day without needing to recharge, which is great if you’re always on the go.
Cons of owning a Google Pixelbook 12in:
- High price point: The Pixelbook 12in is a premium laptop, which means it comes with a premium price tag. It’s one of the most expensive Chromebooks on the market, and it might not be worth the investment if you’re on a tight budget.
- Limited software compatibility: While the Pixelbook 12in runs on Chrome OS, which is a lightweight and user-friendly operating system, it doesn’t support all the software and applications that you might need for work or personal use. For example, it doesn’t run on Windows or MacOS, which means you can’t install certain programs like Adobe Photoshop or Microsoft Office.
- Lack of ports: The Pixelbook 12in has only two USB-C ports, which means you’ll need to use adapters or hubs to connect external devices like a monitor, keyboard, or mouse. This can be inconvenient if you need to use multiple devices at once.
- Keyboard and trackpad issues: Some users have reported issues with the keyboard and trackpad on the Pixelbook 12in. The keyboard is not backlit, which can be problematic in low-light conditions, and the trackpad can sometimes be unresponsive or too sensitive.
- Limited storage options: While the Pixelbook 12in offers up to 512GB of storage, it doesn’t have any expandable storage options like a microSD card slot or a traditional hard drive. This means you’ll need to rely on cloud storage or external drives if you need more space.
Display and Design: A closer look at the Google Pixelbook 12in
The Pixelbook 12in is a beautifully designed laptop that looks and feels premium. It has a slim and lightweight body that’s easy to carry around, and the all-aluminum construction gives it a sleek and sturdy look. The 12.3-inch touchscreen display is one of the best features of the Pixelbook 12in. It’s bright, colorful, and has great viewing angles, which makes it perfect for streaming videos or working on graphics.
Performance and Battery Life: How the Google Pixelbook 12in Performs
The Pixelbook 12in is powered by an Intel Core i5 or i7 processor and comes with 8GB or 16GB of RAM. It’s fast and responsive, and can handle demanding tasks like video editing and gaming without any lag or slowdowns. The Pixelbook 12in also has a long battery life of up to 10 hours, which means you can use it all day without needing to recharge.
User Experience: Living with the Google Pixelbook 12in
Using the Pixelbook 12in is a great experience overall. The Chrome OS is user-friendly and easy to navigate, and the touchscreen display makes it easy to interact with your content. The keyboard and trackpad can be a bit finicky at times, but they’re still usable and comfortable to use for extended periods.
Conclusion: Final thoughts on the Google Pixelbook 12in
The Google Pixelbook 12in is a great laptop for anyone who needs a versatile and powerful device that’s easy to carry around. It has a high-quality display, fast performance, and long battery life, which makes it perfect for both work and play. However, it does have some drawbacks like the high price point, limited software compatibility, and lack of ports. If you can overlook these issues, the Pixelbook 12in is definitely worth considering.